Pages

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Melbourne - Part 4

On one of the days that I roamed the city by myself, I found myself checking out the ACMI (Australian Centre for the Moving Image) where they have two free exhibitions on the ground floor. Because it's free and who doesn't love free stuff, I decided to check them out first before I explored other exhibits. Most of the visitors there were mainly school children- probably another school excursions, and that made me feel younger by being around them. Found myself stopping at each section to learn more about movies- the history, the cinematic effects, the color schemes and the importance of it, the important people who contributed substantially in the movie world etc. The highlight of my time there though, was when I stumbled upon the 80s old school computer games, specifically Tetris. It was on the old square box computer monitor, with green letters and a blinking cursor on black screen, asking if you want to start a new game, and in parenthesis Y/N. LOL. I couldn't help but sat and play. Before I knew it, almost an hour has gone by, and I reluctantly stood and left. (And that's also only because there's this boy standing next to me watching over me, I reckoned he's just waiting for his turn...) For that one hour there though, I felt like I was a kid again which was pure bliss. Thankful for that chunk of time in my own little heaven, even if it meant having to extricate myself from the web of wonderland soon after. It's all good though. Some pics below. :)


Melbourne 2015
This pic is way better than the pic I took of the dome in Melbourne Central.
Bestie has a good eye for photography. :) 

Melbourne 2015
Last winter market at Vic Market.

They have what they call "winter market" every Friday evening throughout their winter months, and we managed to make it to the last one. It's awesome I loved it! At one end there's a stage with jazz performance (I love jazz!), at the other end there's movie screening (I love movies too haha!). Andddd... drumrolls please... there's a lot of food (I love food!!! :P)!

Melbourne 2015
Enough chilli chicken to feed a village in Africa.

Melbourne 2015
We live in a world of (over)abundance, don't you think. I do hope they finished selling every bit of it, or it's going to waste. While other people are starving and dying of hunger elsewhere...

Melbourne 2015
This one's pretty! Looked tasty too, but I've had my share of food, and on the 5th day of my vacation I know better than to overeat. :P

Melbourne 2015
Baby octopi (or octopuses?)! One of my many favs :)

Melbourne 2015
I'd come back to try more of their food too, at Hardware Societe.
The portion is a little too huge for my liking, but it's scrumpilicious! :))

Melbourne 2015
On one of the nights bestie and I went for a live jazz performance at The Commune Cafe.
Fem Belling was the vocalist, together with the band called John Montesante Quintet (JMQ).
Awesome performance, great food and wine too. Definitely worth the trip- we got all wet on our way there due to the heavy rain and strong winds that evening. But it's okay because even my soaked cold feet enjoyed every bit of the night. Easily the best night of my time there. :))

Melbourne 2015
St Kilda beach. Couldn't take my eyes off the people kitesurfing there.
All I could think of was "I wanna do that too... someday".

Melbourne 2015
Probably the best pizza I've ever had in my life.. so far. :P  My last night in Melbourne and bestie brought me to this Papa Gino's, a family-owned Italian restaurant they've been going for a long time now. Everything I tried there was delicious, I can see why my friends keep going back there. :)

No comments: