Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Melbourne - Part 3

I suppose there's a lot more that I could do in Melbourne, like visiting the aquarium, the zoo, taking the river cruise, or day tour to Great Ocean Road etc., but I didn't want to rush and since there's just not enough time to do everything, I'd rather just relax and explore the city by foot. Found my favourite bench to sit and people-watch. Pic below was the view from the bench. 


Somewhere further down this street there is a jewellery store, where one of my childhood best friends got his then-girlfriend an engagement ring. :) Bestie told me the story while we were walking along this street. We reminisced together about his proposal to her, which then brought back memories of us helping out as MCs on the wedding dinner. Ah memories! What'd we do without them?! We'd be less of a person that we are; without memories we'd be void of identity. After all, we are our memories, piece after piece that were accumulated and stacked up kinda like Jenga blocks, which gave us an idea of who we are...

This is the other side of the view from the bench. The State Library of Victoria, if I'm not mistaken. 


The hot chocolate was so thick and just like melted chocolate, it's to die for! Didn't fancy the whipped cream on top but it'd be hard to drink too if it's all just chocolate. I regretted eating so much of the spaghetti earlier on before dessert... couldn't really enjoy the hot choc and had coffee instead. Note to self- must return to this place the next visit, whenever that is. 

Shrine of Remembrance. They have a good collection of memorabilia and information about the two world wars, and the more recent ones too. 

Fire outside the Shrine. Made me all pensive and sad. Wars, guns, power, wealth, bloodshed...
Story never gets old, it's still happening in some countries. 

Botanical Gardens where I spent an afternoon roaming around. 

Another nice place to sit and bask in the good weather. At peace. 

One of the many laneways where you can find cafes and dining places and little shops. 

I was walking around in circles looking for a place I wanted to try, but I couldn't find it and kept coming back to the same block. Too hungry to walk anymore, I sat down at the first cafe I saw. It's a nice little place, coffee was good, but the food looked better than it tasted. I mean, the only thing I really liked was the hash brown. Go figure. :/  Oh well. Never try never know. 

No comments: