Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Blessing Turned Bane

okay here's the story. i woke up at four in the morning, got some studying done, then left for my volunteering shift at 6am, got there by 7am. didn't get to do much, but i saw a total knee replacement. thankful that i didn't have to do any chore or be ordered around by this bitchy technician, neither did i have to do Excel spreadsheet for the charge nurse, so that's a double plus. :) but the highlight of the 4-hour shift was my little chat with Dr. C. he has so much to share i wish i could stay longer to listen to his opinions about everything. but anyway, that's another tale to tell, of which i'll share in a different post... soon.

so! knowing me, the girl who has a hungry kid in her tummy (no, don't take it literally, there's no REAL kid in me), the first thing i looked for after my shift was obviously FOOD! and since i was in the area, i thought i'd get myself some chap-fan (mixed rice), something i crave for every single day. there isn't a day that passes by that i don't miss the chap-fan stall near my house. i think it's even suffice to say, i miss the aunty's chap-fan more than my own room. :P

so you can imagine how excited i was when i got it!! 4 dishes, with rice and soup (which quite frankly tasted like water but it's ok cuz i have the chap fan). and i took care to take only vegetarian dishes! (well i'm not the strict vegetarian, so i still consume eggs - maybe some day that'll change, but for now i can't give up eggs just yet).

glorious chap fan!!!
home is where chap fan is. :))))

all was well, until i realized something!!! i chewed on something that tasted like MEAT! omgomgomg. i had the steamed egg that had minced pork on top of it and i totally missed it! :((( i completely freaked out, didn't know if i should vomit it out or swallow it. how how how!! what was initially a glorious meal, turned into the bane of my life (or the MCAT, which is pretty much equivalent to my future, my life)!! oh yah forgot to mention, the point of going vegetarian for this period of time was also to sacrifice a slice of my worldly pleasure in turn for God's blessings on my exam (other than health reasons).

how now?! will i be punished for this broken promise i made? very angry at self right now. :((

No comments: