Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Huis Clos

"Huis Clos", which is French for Behind Closed Doors, a play written by Jean-Paul Sartre. It's a play about three people who died and went to hell, and was placed in a room. And the whole play revolves around what happened in the room, hence the title 'behind closed doors'. I won't spoil the fun of reading the play for you, but the gist of the story is that they soon realized that they each annoy the hell out of one another so much so that they came to the conclusion that "hell is other people". If you're interested, the English title for the book is "No Exit".

But the reason why I'm writing this has nothing to do with the book itself, or the moral of the story. The reason is this:

Edited with Prisma App.


Every morning I go to work, and I have to go through this door, walk down a corridor to the very end of it, to get to my home base at work. There it is, the "No Exit" sign. It wasn't too long ago that they put it there. And so every time I see this sign, I'm reminded of the play, and I can't help but chuckle. Whoever's idea of putting this up must have a very dark sense of humor. 😂😂😂  

Or it could very well just be coincidence. Okay fine, I'll admit it most likely is just coincidence. But it doesn't take away the hidden link and humor that only I seemed to get. No matter. I'm fine with being the only person who finds it hilarious. 

I've since shared it with a few of my friends, whom I'm not sure if they entirely understood what I find so funny, or if they thought I think of them as hell. I hope it's not the latter. :/  And I hope I don't need to clarify that I never thought my workplace or my colleagues are hell to me.

That's it for this random post. Happy Saturday peeps!

No comments: