Pages

Monday, July 03, 2017

The Beginning of A New Journey

Imagine Super Mario running the last ten yards, hit a mushroom, grew bigger, took all the coins and ran as fast as it could, and then he jumped! -- and successfully caught on to the pole, that brought him to the next level. Yassssss. Moving on to the next level.

That's how I feel now. Next milestone.  


That said, as exciting as it is, it's also scary. Because now Mario is back to the minion-size moustache'd boy-man, down in the dungeon, can hardly see, and has to grope in the dark until he figures out his way.

For those who are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, I'm starting my internal medicine residency training. Some people say, "oh don't worry you'll do great", others have this to say: "there's nothing you can do to prepare yourself for this; just plunge right into it, you'll learn as you go."  /gulps. Okayyyy. 

I'm optimistic though. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but it's also going to be fun! For now though, time to go study my territory and find more mushrooms, hidden stars and coins and superpowers. :P

My new work family. 

1 comment:

R. Glipglorp said...

Of course, you are in the center, striking your best RAR pose.

You've got this.