Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Taste of Home

Happy New Year to all. I haven't been writing much since last year, partly because I was busy, but also partly because I had no words to convey how I felt about recent current affairs. I still don't, unless I want to spill my guts out about it, which would just be messy and ugly and not something I want to do right now. So while I wait for the wound to heal, I'm just going to avoid that topic for now, and share some pics, and talk about anything else but those that really matter. 

This year is the year of Rooster. Another year that I don't get to spend at home. Those who are abroad and away from home will know how it feels. Not to be overly dramatic or emotional, but it is true that celebrating Chinese New Year away from home is never really the same. You could replicate everything about it, the food and the decor, but the essence of this occasion is missing, and those can never be transplanted here. No matter how hot and humid it is back home, how bad the currency is right now, or how there's always something to complain about back home, it still is home. Where there are lots of family, relatives, friends, people who make you feel grounded. Sure, I am used to being away, but it still means a lot to me to do something that reminds me of home and of this festivity. Glad that my friends are able to make this happen for me. Best gift I can ask for on occasions like these. 

Feeding the phone before eating. Yes that's how the millennials do it these days. 

Steamboat aka hot pot is something my family does on CNY eve every year. 
So what's more appropriate for CNY eve here?! :) 

An obligatory wefie. 

Okay now it's time to feed the stomach. Bon appetit!

No comments: