Pages

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Adelaide: The Good Life

As years went by, I find it harder and harder to meet true friends who are willing to work on keeping the friendship going for as long as it can be. Not that there aren't people I can call friends, but most of the time it's usually with strings attached, or they're just not that interested in being true friends. It's understandable- most people at this age would already have their own family or have their own clique of friends; or they just want something from you, or it's just a fleeting encounter that couldn't be solidified into true friendships. And so it makes me value all my old friends even more, especially those you've bonded with since school days. Friends like those are rarer than any gemstone in the world, and I'm ever so thankful that I have more than one of these rare gems.  This is a super-belated post on my trip to Adelaide, my second stop in Aussie. Jun, one of my rare gem friends, who's also the reason why I was in Adelaide, picked me up from the airport. And so began our little weekend adventure!

Because my time there was limited, there's only so much we can see. My intention of this short trip was mainly to catch up with Jun, and then do some sightseeing. I'd say it's a pretty successful trip given that we had so much time to catch up - over meals, while walking the dog to the dog park, the drive to the little quaint German town called Hahndorf, the time spent at Glenelg beach. Come to think of it, this is the longest amount of time we've spent with each other since we graduated from high school! And so, when we weren't busy catching up, eating or drinking hot chocolate (or having ice cream lol), below are some pics we took over the 3 days that I was there. 

Adelaide 2015
At The Loose Caboose where it's a restored railway station-turned-cafe that serves good breakfast/brunch and coffee. 

Adelaide 2015
I don't remember what this is called, but it's delish!

Adelaide 2015
This, I think is called the caboose cakes- potato croquettes with some mayonnaise drizzles and cabbage on top. It's really good too, but I'd prefer it without the mayo.

Adelaide 2015
Somewhere in Hahndorf the German town there were two little cute bears having their tea, oblivious to the world around them. That's just awesome.

Adelaide 2015
It's a beautiful day out- perfect for Birkenstock clogs shopping and fudge-shopping. :P
Had a craving for ice cream there, but managed to suppress it. Win. Yes.

Adelaide 2015
Glenelg beach, which reminded me of my days in Santa Monica, LA.

Adelaide 2015
Capturing sunset.

Adelaide 2015
All smiles, because it's good to be alive and have great friends.

Adelaide 2015
Same time, same place as the pic above, but a different view.

Adelaide 2015
This was the real reason we were all smiles earlier- the anticipation of hot choc and ice cream!
Lol jk. We are grateful for being alive.
And yes I gave in to my cravings after all. No regrets though.

Adelaide 2015
Had dessert before dinner. That's the right way to do it people.

Adelaide 2015
This girl played so beautifully I couldn't resist but sat there the whole time until she's done.
Location- The Malls Balls at Rundle Street.

Adelaide 2015
This is NiƱo saying bye to me, and vice versa.

It's been three awesome days, time well spent with friend. Looking forward to another trip/hangout like this, whenever that is. Thank you Jun, for being such a great host and friend! xoxo.

1 comment:

Jun said...

You were here not long enough!! :P oh, i keep forgetting to ask you- how was the fudge??