Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

End of August and Such

Almost two-thirds of the year have gone by. So much has happened since the start of this year; hopefully more good things will happen in the next few weeks. Can't write much bout it yet until it really happens. For now, I can only hope for the best.

With regard to the incident that prompted me to write the post 'Weak' some time ago, I finally made my stance clear and said NO. There was this lady who kept pushing her products to me, forcing me in a polite-but-pushy way (but still forcing nonetheless!) me to buy. I gave in the previous few times (which made me mad at self all this while). Not that those products are of bad quality or that I don't like them, but the fact that she kept shoving it to my face annoyed the hell out of me. Where is the consumer's freedom? Even if I like and want it, I have every right to decline buying it for whatever reasons I fancy. But no, to her I must buy from her, else she'd give me an attitude! Anyway, this time I stood firm and told her straight up - NO. In a just-as-polite way as she did trying to get me to buy, I told her to save her breath because I wasn't going to buy no matter what she said. Holy cow, you should've seen how her face changed! It turned from an angelic smile to a bitchy green face, asking me why I didn't want to get it. Like I owe her an explanation for that! Wanted to say "because I simply refuse to do so, and there's nothing you can do bout it"! Or "because I just don't like your face". But didn't. Refrained self from being nasty. Unnecessary. And so, at the end she said something which pretty much can be translated to "well fuck you" - if you know how to read facial expression and filter through the cynical remarks. I came so close to retort, but again decided against it. Not worth it, plus, I'm extremely proud of self for standing firm. When I got the message across and caused her to give up on me, I've clearly won in this "battle". Victory! Heck yeah, don't you come messing with me! Just because I'm nice most of the time doesn't mean you can be a bully like that! 

So yeah. Even though I was verbally assaulted, I was glad I didn't give in after all. Gave self a little pat on back, and walked out relieved. In life, there's always going to be people like that. Got to learn to protect self from those who will take advantage of us without hesitation. As for that lady, if she hadn't been such a foulmouth at the end, I'd have given her some tips on how to sell to people more effectively. Oh well.

No comments: